[ft] Confused with FT_SET_CHAR_SIZE and FT_LOAD_CHAR

From: rsr
Subject: [ft] Confused with FT_SET_CHAR_SIZE and FT_LOAD_CHAR
Date: 14 Jan 2010 16:17:08 -0000

Hi,
I am using the example1.c given in the tutorial to get started with the freetype library.

/* use 50pt at 100dpi */
error = FT_Set_Char_Size( face,50*64,0,
100,0 ); /* set character

After reading document API,i assumed we can set the output character to the given above size.But didnt understand why should we multiply it by 64.can you please expalin me how to manipulate fractional point arithmetic.How much will be my output character size?

FT_Set_Transform(face,0,&pen);

The above function just does drawing bitmap with the given values in the vector.Am i right?

/* load glyph image into the slot (erase previous one) */
error = FT_Load_Char( face, text[n],FT_LOAD_RENDER );

I just gave a character 'E' with some ttf file as input.But the output i am getting is screen full of E ,bitmap.If i would like to control the size of the output character,where should i manipulate.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.