Re: [ft] How to compare freetype API's with the ttf font tables

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] How to compare freetype API's with the ttf font tables
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 06:38:41 +0100 (CET)

> I tried with the examples given in the tutorial, which takes some
> text and converts into bitmap.  But the bmp appears to be too
> lengthy.

The demo file doesn't produce a real bitmap.  It rather uses ASCII
characters to represent the buffer data.  The text lines are very
long.

> I tried using different values in the FT_SET_CHAR_SIZE() but of no
> use.

Believe me, this works.  You have to check your code.

> I attached the bmp of the part of the image i got.

Uuh, *never* send uncompressed BMP files again!  This small image has
a ridiculous size of 2.2MByte.  In PNG format, it takes only 5kByte.

> Image shows how long i am getting the charater bitmap output.

It seems that the long text lines are simply wrapped...  Switch off
line wrapping in your editor and use an extremely small font size to
display the output of the demo program.