Re: [ft] How to compare freetype API's with the ttf font tables

From: samaram s
Subject: Re: [ft] How to compare freetype API's with the ttf font tables
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:03:22 -0500

> *You mean, the draw bitmap and show_image doesnt produce correct
> bitmap image?*

Well, it represents the bitmap roughly with ASCII characters (`*' and
`+'), thus it's not a `real' image.  If I change the font size of my
console to 4pt, disable line-wrapping, and maximize the window, I get
the attached result after some scrolling down and to the right.
Remember that the output of `example1' has 480 lines with a line
length of 640 characters each.

Yeah. My assumption is "*" you are representing when there is intersection of the glyph with the pixel.Am i right??

I tried changing the font size in FT_SET_CHAR_SIZE,I can able to get the character with lesser font size.But where in It is apprearing somewhere in the middle.Could you please let me know is there anyway i can just get the bitmap image of the glyph not with the width and height boundaries.

Here are some of my outputs from the API's, I am using.
Family name of the font is --- A.C.M.E. Explosive
Style name of the font is --- Bold
Text E
Bitmap Left 9 (slot->bitmap_left)
Bitmap Top 317(slot->bitmap_top)