[ft] Re: Can i get array of bytes for a glyph

From: samaram s
Subject: [ft] Re: Can i get array of bytes for a glyph
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:23:20 -0500

Array of bytes which represents the glyph.I mean given a glyph to convert into the given ttf file format,Which should result in binary representation of 8bits (means a byte)
Something like below,

The number of bytes of bitmap data is given by the height of the glyph multiplied by the number of bytes required to reproduce each line of pixels.
This data will produce an glyph like...
    here the byte is  0111 1000   (left side values comes to 7 and rightside 8) so the byte value for that glyph for that line is 78
So finally for the Glyph "F" byte array for the given ttf font file is,
78,40,40,40,F0,40,40,40,40

78  .****...
40  .*......
40  .*......
40  .*......
F0  ****....

I wonder whether your API's give me idea of producing 8bit bitmap on each line of the Glyph.Please throw me some idea.

Thanks,
sam

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there any API which gives character glyph's byte array?

What is a `byte array'?