Re: [ft] Re: Can i get array of bytes for a glyph

From: samaram s
Subject: Re: [ft] Re: Can i get array of bytes for a glyph
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:41:16 -0500

Thanks Tom.Will look at the function calls that you send.Please do send me if you find anymore information.It would be really a great help.

Thanks,
Sam

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Tom Bishop, Wenlin Institute <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jan 21, 2010, at 12:23 PM, samaram s wrote:

> Array of bytes which represents the glyph.I mean given a glyph to convert into the given ttf file format,Which should result in binary representation of 8bits (means a byte)

Maybe this is part of what you want:

FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes(...);
FT_Load_Glyph(..., FT_LOAD_RENDER | FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME);

This should result in face->glyph->bitmap->buffer containing your bytes with one bit per pixel. I would search the documentation for those functions. It will take a while to study the documentation but it's well written and should explain everything. Good luck and have fun!

Tom

文林 Wenlin Institute, Inc.        Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: address@hidden     Web: http://www.wenlin.com
Telephone: 1-877-4-WENLIN (1-877-493-6546)