Re-2: [ft] Different Values from Freetype Face

From: Andreas Heinrich
Subject: Re-2: [ft] Different Values from Freetype Face
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:35:40 +0000

Hello,

2-a would be appreciated for me, too.

the add-on isn't urgent for me at the moment, so that is no problem for me when the

changes will be integrated after next official release.

Regards,

Andreas

Dear Werner,

Yesterday I got a comment from Andreas Heinrich (the
original reporter of this issue), he preferred 2),
especially 2-b). Still I feel small hesitate to modify
FT_Library object without a comment from Turner, so
I will commit 2-a) for first (within 36 hours, I hope),
and commit 2-b) after next official release, freetype-2.3.12.
I want to avoid a pity that new function is introduced
in 2.3.12 and removed in 2.3.13.

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 06:51:19 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>> 2-b) Add the switch to FT_Library handle, to hide the default
>> parameters in the font handle creation. It can change the
>> behaviour of popular APIs like FT_New_Face() taking no
>> optional parameters.
>
>> The default parameters can be changed by
>> FT_SetDefaultNewFaceParam_FreeType().
>
>Can you find a better, shorter function name? Something like
>`FT_Set_Open_Args_Defaults'...

Thank you for reasonable comment. For future compatibility,
generic name would be better.

In fact, after writing the patch proposing 2-b), I found
another case that I want to hold something in FT_Library.
I will post another discussion about it. It is not for
2.3.12 release.

Regards,
mpsuzuki