[ft] freetype and threads

From: Zoltan Kovacs
Subject: [ft] freetype and threads
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 08:32:14 +0100

Hi.

I am using freetype in one of my projects and have a question about
freetype and how thread safe it is.

My question is really simple: can I call FT_Load_Glyph() from
different threads at the same time while having only one FT_Library
instance?

I tried but it seems to cause corrupted rendering output so I think
that part should be protected by some locking mechanism in my
application to prevent parallel execution of FT_Load_Glyph() function.

Thanks,
Zoltan