Re: [ft] How to get Horizontal Advance on Stroked Glyph

From: johnpf74
Subject: Re: [ft] How to get Horizontal Advance on Stroked Glyph
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 07:57:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Werner.

Sorry, I am new to this. What do you think of the below comments? I hope
this is enough information to go on in order to find the code and add to the
documentation.

John

freetype.h
line 223
  /*    horiAdvance ::
*/
  /*      Advance width for horizontal layout. If the glyph will be
*/
  /*      stroked with an outside border you will need to manually adjust
*/
  /*      this advance to account for added width from the border.
*/

line 232 (will be line 234 once comment above is added)
  /*    vertAdvance ::
*/
  /*      Advance height for vertical layout. If the glyph will be
*/
  /*      stroked with an outside border you will need to manually adjust
*/
  /*      this advance to account for added height from the border.
*/

ftstroke.h
line 658
   * @note:
   *   The source glyph is untouched in case of error. Adding
   *   stroke may yield a significantly wider and taller glyph
   *   depending on how large of a radius was used to stroke the
   *   glyph. You may need to manually adjust horizontal and
   *   vertical advance amounts to account for this added size.

line 695 (will be line 699 after comment above is added)