Re: [ft] FreeType 2 install issue

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] FreeType 2 install issue
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 10:15:15 +0200 (CEST)

> I didn't see any e-mail address on this page that specifically
> mentions installations issues:

Please write to the `freetype' mailing list for such issues.

> I can't get gmake to install the software properly.  [...]
>
> % pwd
> /usr/home/tree/Downloads/freetype-2.6.1
>
> % ./configure
>
> [...]
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
> [...]
>
> gmake: Nothing to be done for 'unix'.
>
> Why is that message given, please?

It's a harmless artifact of the quite complicated setup of FreeType's
build system, and I haven't investigate yet how to suppress it (I'm
quite sure that it is possible).  Please ignore it.

> % sudo gmake install
>
> rm -rf /usr/local/include/freetype2
> ./install-sh -c -d [...]
> gmake: ./install-sh: Command not found
> /usr/home/tree/Downloads/freetype-2.6.1/builds/unix/install.mk:32:
> recipe for target 'install' failed
>
> I notice no ./install-sh file got created here.

A bug, now fixed in git.  Thanks for the report.

> Any idea how I can get around this problem?

As a quick solution, do

  cd freetype
  ln -s builds/unix/install-sh .

and try the installation again.