[ft] Freetype2 and TimesNewRoman?

From: Domonic Tom
Subject: [ft] Freetype2 and TimesNewRoman?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:22:56 +0930

Hi
Does Freetype2 support TimesNewRoman Font?  I believe this is 'Serif'?
The reason I ask is that I'm using freetype2 as a dependency for another library which is
parsing a document containing TimesNewRoman font.  Unfortunately when searching for Glyph information
using the FT_Get_Char_Index function I'm getting 0 which means that the char index has not been found.

The character 'a' is all I am searching for at this stage (the char index for 'a').

If this does in fact support serif fonts then it's probably something I'm doing wrong and I'll eventually sort it out.

Can anyone help?
Thanks