Re: [ft] Misaki Mincho metrics issues

From: Nikolay Sivov
Subject: Re: [ft] Misaki Mincho metrics issues
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:13:21 +0300

On 23.10.2015 18:49, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:02:20 +0300, Nikolay Sivov wrote:

Well, it wasn't a question, older font exists as well. What about
issue I mentioned initially regarding bitmap metrics of that one
specific font? I want to have a solution for such fonts, so it
doesn't accidentally break every time a random font has such metrics
combination.

You want to use an updated FreeType, but you don’t want to update the
font?

It's really not that complicated. There's a font, with specific size metrics, height of which is returned as 0. Yes, I checked that latest freetype has same logic because otherwise it makes no sense to report that. And yes, I want both fonts working.

I'm asking for a suggestion on how to deal with that, whether if it's something that could be improved on freetype side or not.

I hope to hear from others users/developers too, because for some reason you seem to deliberately drift away from issue I'm interested in.