[ft] Troubleshoot while running configure script on freetype-2.4.12.tar.

From: Reinaldo Castro
Subject: [ft] Troubleshoot while running configure script on freetype-2.4.12.tar.bz2 and freetype-2.7.tar.gz
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 18:08:11 -0600

Hello, I'm trying to install the "freetype font setting library" and I have the next issue.

When I run the configure script after extracting the files of the .tar.gz file, I have the next messages:

  awk: symbol lookup error: awk: undefined symbol: mpfr_z_sub
  awk: symbol lookup error: awk: undefined symbol: mpfr_z_sub
Generating `Makefile'
  /home/user/Downloads/Altera/freetype-2.7/Makefile:7: *** Too many open files.  Stop.

Then if I try to run this command: "make -j8", to execute de Makefile once again I have the message:

  /home/user/Downloads/Altera/freetype-2.7/Makefile:7: *** Too many open files.  Stop.

I need a file named ".libs" that should appear in the ."../objs/" directory after running the configure and making scripts.

I'm trying to install a software, here I found the reason of  why I need the freetype files.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04, by the way.

Can you give me some insight of why I'm having this messages and how can I solve them, in order to generate the .libs file or directory.

Best regards,
Reinaldo Castro