fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] 'DRM'/'TPM' + another thought

From: Darcy Casselman
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] 'DRM'/'TPM' + another thought
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 18:56:54 -0500

However much we might not like the term, and however much it is,
indeed, a "propaganda term of the enemy," "Technological Protection
Measure" is the term defined and used in bill C-11 (just as it was in
C-32, C-61 and C-60 before it), and is on its way to becoming the term
in law.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Docid=5144516&File=72#16

We can argue about whether or not it is a good, meaningful or useful
term to use, but if we're talking about the bill specifically, there
isn't another term to use.

Darcy.