fsfe-portugal

Re: [Fsfe-portugal] Introduction (was Re: FYI - Free Software organisati

From: Ruben Leote Mendes
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-portugal] Introduction (was Re: FYI - Free Software organisation in Portugal)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 05:38:33 +0100

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 12:27:22PM -0400, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:

> I understand from Loic's message that this will at first not be a FSF
> Europe Chapter, but a grassroots membership organization.

That is correct. We are currently choosing the name of the association.
After we decide the name we will start all the legal procedures to create
a non-profit organization. There is already a group working on writing the
by-laws and another working on creating a webpage. We are sorry but currently
all the information is available only on the mailing list (unfortunatly most
messages are in portuguese).

You can find an activity report in english:
http://france.fsfeurope.org/news/article2001-06-11-02.en.html
After this report we had a meeting. The minutes of this meeting should be
posted soon in the previous webpage but meanwhile you can read them here:
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/fsfe-portugal/2001-June/000253.html
(scroll down to get to the english version)

We intend to work closely with FSF, FSF-Europe and all other free software
organizations. We thank you for your support. Your experience will be valuable.

Best regards.
--
RĂºben Leote Mendes - address@hidden