[Fsfe-uk] UK Free software website aka resucittating thinkopen/linuxuk

From: Rob Bradford
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] UK Free software website aka resucittating thinkopen/linuxuk
Date: 02 Mar 2002 15:04:19 +0000

Its time we had another go at throwing some energy towards developing a
new site. As groups such as AFFS and FSFE have increased in activity
since the demise of linuxuk/thinkopen i believe there is more demand and
interest in such a site. And hopefully now a large band of dedicated
people to help support it.

Here are some issues i think we should discuss:

Name: Do we try and reawaken thinkopen.co.uk or would it me more
apropriate to have a new name/domain within the org.uk sld?

Aims: Although we all know roughly what the site is aimed at i think it
is important we get together some achieveable aims.

Content: What do we want, news? features? links? advocacy? articles?

Format: Do we want weblog style, a wierd hybrid or something totally
new? If we go for a weblog, what software do we choose, or do we write
our own?

Audience: Who are we aimed at?

Here are just some questions we need to ask, as far as hosting of the
site is concerned i have a community server which already hosts several
free software sites.
--
Rob 'robster' Bradford
http://robster.org.uk