Re: Reply-to: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [school-discuss] New Schoolfor

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Reply-to: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [school-discuss] New Schoolforge Members]
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:31:23 GMT

Simon Waters <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there a particular reason not to mung it? Mailman does it
> with a single mouse click IIRC.

Yes.  As a former mail server admin, I will hunt you down and kill you for
breaking user's mail clients (we have "reply" *and* "group reply" for a
reason... they should not be the same) and causing unnecessary extra load on
mail servers around the world ;-)

If you really want to direct replies to the list and not you, set the
Mail-Followup-To and add a line to the sig you use for lists (just to be
sure).  I'm afraid the volume of mailing lists means that I'm reading via an
nntp server, so I sometimes miss requests for particular cc's.  I do
sometimes take things offlist if I think it would be more useful to do so.