Re: [Fsfe-uk] affs strategy [long]

From: Martyn Ranyard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] affs strategy [long]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:51:26 +0000

At 08:54 AM 3/25/02 -0500, Brian Gough wrote:
Due to our likely financial constraints I was thinking low budget, like
"best student free software project" or something like that.

So it would not be competing much with the existing FSF Award.  For a
student even if the prize wasn't much money it could look good on their CV.

I, being a non-student workaholic with no money <end moan>, should like to see it being "small", rather than "student", as the whole free software movement favours those in educational establishments anyway - admittedly they have provided a lot of input, but we (as a community) seem to be giving enough back into that particular niche.

Just my threpence-worth.

Martyn Ranyard
Free Software Advocate

icq - 122500800