Re: [Fsfe-uk] Why FS is a Good Thing: Draft 3

From: Marc Eberhard
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Why FS is a Good Thing: Draft 3
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 09:02:48 +0000

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 05:23:45PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Are we moving into the nitpick phase, or are there other substantial
> rewrites people would like to do?

I still think, that "GNU/Linux" should be used instead of "Linux". I've read
all the arguments for and against it, but in my personal opinion

  http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

is more important. Though, it seems I'm a minority on this issue.

I do face the situation every day, that I have to teach students things,
they don't know. If I would use terms and words, that they recognise from
school or everyday life instead of the correct ones, it would create a mess.
They would remain stuck in some half-truth and never see the bigger picture.
Thus, that argument doesn't really count too much for me.

Bye,
Marc

email: address@hidden
email: address@hidden, web: http://www.aston.ac.uk/~eberhama/