[Fsfe-uk] Re: GNU/Linux, Linux Divide

From: John Seago
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: GNU/Linux, Linux Divide
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 16:09:37 +0100

On Sunday 31 Mar 2002 12:57 pm, you wrote:

> I didn't think the intended readership were those who had installed
> Linux and might join AFFS.  Sorry.  In that case, I quite agree,
> pushing the virtues of why it must always be called GNU/Linux is all
> important.
>

> Ralph.

The above raises an issue which I had intended to raise myself, (but I
forgot), (see comments on pain-drugs below).

The Work/to be done list seems to increase everytime Mark/MJ posts it.
I have had over twenty years experience of serving on both Trade Union
and voluntary membership organisations at National level, it has been
my experience that the active membership, i.e. those members who are
prepared to be activists, rarely exceeds  around 2.5% of the total
membership. Those who are willingly throwing themselves into the
setting up process and starting to work through the `to be done list',
may find themselves with little opportunity to hand over to others once
the AFFS has opened it's membership to the public. I only point this
out as the willing few must realise that they need to limit themselves
to the possible and not over-stretch themselves.

I have started to work my way through the Standing Orders, What exactly
is expected other than the removal of conflicts? This should not
prevent others from tackling this matter as it only takes a small
pain-drug-acupuncture-imbalance to put back any timetable I am working
to.

John