[Fsfe-uk] Lobbying UK govt

From: Nick Hockings
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Lobbying UK govt
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 00:04:28 +0200 (SAST)

Hi,

I'm planning to lobby UK govt to use free software;
Would AFFS endorse/assist in these efforts?

Specifically I'm planning to send somebody round to parliment handing out CDs.
(DemoLinux is a 100% free, Debian Potato based distro that runs from CD without
installation. This allows a quick demonstration of key apps eg open office,
KDE...)

1)I'm looking for people in London who could help by providing somewhere for
the lobbyist to stay (eg a couch for the night). I'd like to keep the lobbyist
in London for a year if possible, so any and all offers will help.

2)I'm also looking for people all over the UK who would help install and
support Debian (or other free software)in their local MP's office. (There's no
more certain way to convert sombedy than for them to become a user.) Once
converted, supportive MPs will be encouraged to joint the AFFS mailing lists.

Nick Hockings

<address@hidden>,
<address@hidden>,
<address@hidden>