Re: [Fsfe-uk] FT article - Europe plans tougher line than US on Microsof

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] FT article - Europe plans tougher line than US on Microsoft
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:18:13 GMT

=?iso-8859-1?q?Steve=20Kehoe?= <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is it worth lobbying EU regulators for tougher action on Micro$oft ? ; or
> at least for establishing a fair market environment for use of Free
> Software, not hampered by anti-competitive practices and NDAs ?

Yes, I believe it is.  We've supported the FSFE submission to the EU sixth
framework programme asking for a more preferential treatment of Free
Software (should be visible at http://www.fsfeurope.org/ for now), but if
you can think of more things that we can do, please suggest them either
here, or more likely to the fsfeurope discussion list.