Re: [Fsfe-uk] Red Hat and the DMCA

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Red Hat and the DMCA
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 08:45:58 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Richard Smedley wrote:

> In case anyone hasn't seen it,
> Using the ridiculous to fight the ridiculous ;-)

This is not new. Alan Cox has been doing this for a while now with kernel
security issues - I guess he and others have just explained to the RH
management why this is necessary so it's now become policy of a sort.

I am not aware of any other major distro based in the US so it looks like
RH are the only ones specifically affected by this.

On another issue has anyone seen the licensing conditions for RH 8.0 yet?
John Winters has put up a section on his Cheap CDs page stating that the
licensing now appears to preclude his being able to offer RH 8.0 at all
except as an official boxed set.

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM                         get your @ukpost.com address now...