[Fsfe-uk] Embedded free software ?

From: Simon Waters
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Embedded free software ?
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:11:51 +0000

I'm thinking of arranging a meeting or series of meetings around
embedded free software devices.

The category would include any device which aims to remove
normal OS maintanance type issues from a device, even if buried
inside it is a general purpose OS.

I'd be interested in hearing from people manufacturing,
marketing or distributing (VAR's etc) such devices (or just
product names where people know them, so I can contact the
vendors).

It is early days, but I'd be looking at early next year (March?)
for a first meeting, which would be focused on attracting
business people and IT buyers to show them wares.
Political aspects, and products in development will be covered,
but they won't be the main focus.

I guess it is a slightly odd theme for a marketing event, but I
like different events.

 Simon