[Fsfe-uk] OpenOffice uptake within Manchester

From: PFJ
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] OpenOffice uptake within Manchester
Date: 10 Jul 2003 10:32:22 +0100

Hi,

As part of my job, I am the webmaster for one of the Schools at a Gtr
Manchester university. On one of the sites I write, there are television
schedules in OOo, Excel and CSV format for people to download.

Typically, there are around 300 hits per week (+/- 45), but I've just
done an analysis on the downloads.

65% Excel
30% OOo
05% CSV

As this site really is only for the Gtr Manchester area (no-one outside
of about 30 miles from the Uni can get the station), it is pretty
pointless for anyone else to download schedules.

That said, 30% downloading OOo format schedules in an area like Gtr
Manchester is encouraging.

I should state now that all comments here are my own and possibly do not
portray the aims and objectives of my employers (I have to put that in)

TTFN

Paul
--
Open your mind to a time where a company does not have control
Open your mind to a choice of applications which you can control