[Fsfe-uk] Go OGo Go!

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Go OGo Go!
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:50:17 +0100

Hello all,

It looks like some excellent news .....
<http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=746582&listName=announce>
"The OGo software provides document sharing capabilities for OpenOffice.org

documents and will enable users of MS Outlook (97/2000/XP), Ximian Evolution, Mozilla Calendar, OOo Glow (OpenOffice.org Groupware Project's client product), Apple's iCal and other standards-based groupware clients to collaborate."
"Stu Green, Managing Director of Open Source Professional Services, "The release of OGo means the OpenOffice.org suite is ready for the enterprise complete with full-featured and mature groupware solutions. These capabilities once and for all show how free software betters proprietary solutions that require licensing payments on both the client and server sides."
"OGo is licensed under the open source dual licenses, Lesser General Public License (LGPL) and the General Public License (GPL)"

The official site for the project is at <http://www.opengroupware.org/>

I remember an infromative discussion on this list about 'how completely
enterprise ready' GNU/Linux was...
It will be helpful to know more informed points of views on this.
Only yesterday I met another former free software advocate who had been installing an NT system.
Best wishes,

Ramanan