Re: [Fsfe-uk] EU Parliament Votes for Real Limits on Patentability

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] EU Parliament Votes for Real Limits on Patentability
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:05:25 +0100

On 2003-09-24 17:24:56 +0100 Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
It seems it has to go before the 15 member states before it gets a
second reading in Parliament, if I understand the process (please
someone correct me if wrong), so they get a chance to scupper the deal.

That's pretty much it. Parliament and the council of ministers (representatives of the 15 governments) now have a compromise procedure before it is finalised. I posted a link explaining the process some weeks ago but failed to make a note of it myself. http://www.europarl.eu.int/factsheets/1_4_1_en.htm might be it. Which procedure is this using?