Re: [Fsfe-uk] trusted computing?

From: Nick Hill
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] trusted computing?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:23:33 +0100

Richard Smedley wrote:
On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 17:02, address@hidden wrote:

http://linuxexpo2003-org-village.fotopic.net/photo.php?id=1430340

I like this one best, it reminds me of a scene in Indiana Jones and the temple of doom....

Oh no! He caught our mind-ray eyes in action! ;-)

It was quite a successful event, and now we're planning for
the next one - LinuxUser Expo in April.

It was for FSF/GNU too. Thanks again to Adam, Kirsten and MJR, and thanks for hosting the FSF. I would like to bring FSF merchandise to the expo in April as well. Having a big combined stall can make a difference as the GNU merchandise creates interest and a link to the philosophy which underpins the AFFS. This also helps aggregate staffing effort.

I had opportunities to talk to editors/ journalists and others interested in free software and the softpatent issue. I have also arranged a book distribution deal from meeting a book store proprietor.

If 2 adjoining stalls can be organised for AFFS and GNU, we could make good use of the space and increase visibility. By then, I will have new book titles and possibly new T-shirts and mugs.

However there are many other events at which it would be
beneficial to have some sort of presence, including Stallman's
talks at the end of the month. If anybody knows of anything coming up where it would be useful for us to have a stall, or
give out leaflets (e.g. in IT, education, local government,
business, et al.) please speak up on the list :)

MJR gave me 100 leaflets. As opportunites arise, eg at upcoming RMS talks, I can send/take leaflets with the GNU merchandise. It might be worth sending / giving me more.