Re: [Fsfe-uk] Scribus 1.1.2 due for release

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Scribus 1.1.2 due for release
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:35:27 +0000

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 12:01, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> > Ann : Scribus 1.1.2 due for release
>
> Is this on-topic?

Well, yesish noish - certainly fsfe-uk is no replacement for Freshmeat.
I don't see any problem with announcements in general, but would prefer
they were tied up with something that was actually on-topic.

I thought Kevin's announcement was fine, because of the interest in the
project and the nature of the project. Paul's is probably just ok for
me, so long as it wasn't done every release or so. But only cos Paul is
kind of a friend of the list (and hence Scribus too). I don't mind it
really infrequently.

> On a related note, does
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/fsfe-uk/2001-05/txt00001.txt still
> apply?  Perhaps the Mailman info page linked to at the bottom of each
> post can have the `list description' filled out with a line or two.

It probably ought to, but in practice doesn't - in particular, it seems
that most people here don't wish this list to be a communication channel
to AFFS. Many of the other 'rules' have been violated on and off over
the however many years since I wrote it.

We never really kept the thing alive properly - we didn't have a website
then (AFFS didn't exist), and we have moved list since. Ho hum.