Re: [Fsfe-uk] Scribus 1.1.2 due for release

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Scribus 1.1.2 due for release
Date: 31 Oct 2003 14:31:11 +0000

If this list gets clogged with announcements of free software that have
connections to the UK, I will stop posting :-)

If they are actively maintained with new releases often (than years
apart) great!

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 12:35, Alex Hudson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 12:01, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

> is no replacement for Freshmeat.

True.
Yesterday I gave some extended publicity to Kartouche.
Because the list archive does not get updated quickly enough I had to
point to Freshmeat.

> I thought Kevin's announcement was fine, because of the interest in the
> project and the nature of the project.

Kartouche is not only great for FS it could help affs fullfil one of its
aims in the constituion to "encourage internationalisation and
localisation fo free software" to a great extent.

> > On a related note, does
> > http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/fsfe-uk/2001-05/txt00001.txt still
> > apply?  Perhaps the Mailman info page linked to at the bottom of each
> > post can have the `list description' filled out with a line or two.

Good idea to link to an updated version
(Probably best to do after the dust settles after due to new affs lists)

Regards,

Ramanan