Re: [Fsfe-uk] UK Online [centres] feedback: Open Office 1 WAS Free Libre

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] UK Online [centres] feedback: Open Office 1 WAS Free Libre Open Source Software
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:58:39 +0000

I reply here to highlight what I have always known...

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 00:38, Adam Moran wrote:
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [centres] Free Libre Open Source Software
> WAS Overpriced, o...
> Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 06:55:40 -0500

> address@hidden writes:

> >  People who don't have prior experience with MS Office would
> > probably find both packages equally easy to learn.

This valid point...

> Where centres are dependent upon income from provision of
> qualifications it is the demand generated by the learner that dictates
> the software.

... is always bowled out by this argument.

This is where we really have to do a lot of work.
I keep saying ... the bigger picture hasa lot ot offer.
There are conferences with lots of powerpoint presentations held
somewhere where these certifications are determined.

-- Someone has to get in there and make them see sense.

-- Efforts like this
        http://www.ecdlinfo.it/
    need more attention.

I can help with the latter.

> In general they have PCs with MS Office,
This is not a valid point.
'they' usually aquire a pirated copy of MS-Office 2004 after the
introduction to it. PC-World sells MS-Windows loaded computers but not
MS-Office .

All the best,

Ramanan