Re: [centres] Re: [Fsfe-uk] feedback: Open Office 2 WAS Free LibreOpen S

From: Joe Fortey
Subject: Re: [centres] Re: [Fsfe-uk] feedback: Open Office 2 WAS Free LibreOpen Source Software
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:38:36 -0000

Ian wrote:

> Do so based on experience rather than prejudice please. The filters
are
> not perfect, but they are far from flakey with 1.1 the best so far.
> Further improvements will be made but with proprietary formats it will
> never be possible to make them absolutely 100% which is probably a
good
> enough reason to reject proprietary formats.

On the basis of your chastisement, I intend to do so ASAP.  Sorry if I
based my judgement on an older version of OO.

I am planning to upgrade my PC soon, so it may not be just yet, but I
will let you know how I get on.... hope you are right, I will be very
happy if I find that it works and will be pleased to offer an unreserved
apology!

Joe Fortey