Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: Microsoft Research External Lecture: Dr Stefan Kooths

From: Robin Green
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Fwd: Microsoft Research External Lecture: Dr Stefan Kooths, University of Muenster
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 04:13:30 +0000

I thought this was an amusing comment on the talk too (spotted
it on Groklaw):

Contradiction Alert!
Authored by: pbarritt on Friday, January 16 2004 @ 09:22 PM EST

Microsoft funded reports have now shown that:

1. OSS software is damaging to the economy in that it does
not produce income/wages for taxes.

2. OSS software has a higher TCO.

So if it costs more to own and use, where does the extra
cost go? I guess it couldn't be to pay wages or purchase
services.

Oh well, never mind. I'm still trying to figure out why
SCO will declare a million in income for ever dollar the
stock price falls. Fun with numbers...

--
Robin