[Fsfe-uk] Open Formats workgroup progress report

From: Tom Chance
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Open Formats workgroup progress report
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:54:24 +0100

Hello,

After being quite enthusiastic about this idea back in February, I've had a
lot of things cropping up, mostly to do with Uni work and software patents.
I've also been having to wait for my Students' Union officers to pull their
fingers out and contact other universities.

But, since I've started some work within the Sustainable Development
Commission, and I've been pestering them about open formats, I made up a
leaflet, as a first draft of the sort of thing we can hand out at any kind of
public meeting, and to our boss/head of dept./leader. I'd appreciate
constructive comments, though not about the layout... it was a quick job in
openoffice!

Download it at:
http://www.tomchance.org.uk/_files/affs-oip-explaining-leaflet.pdf

Regards,