Re: [Fsfe-uk] Accountant recommendations?

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Accountant recommendations?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:48:40 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, MJ Ray wrote:

> Most would be better served by better knowledge of financial
> management than an accounts package. It seems much cheaper for *small*
> businesses to deal with an accountant without them encountering your
> accounts package, from a straw poll around here. I wonder what size
> you need to be before it's cheaper to use an accounts package. I'll
> let you know ;-)

I don't think the size of the business is at all relevant - rather the
nature and scale of the business processes in terms of income and
expenditure is what should drive considerations with regard to the
processes involves in tracking and managing those things.

For me, I could not easily use a proprietary package even were I inclined
to do so. I *think* it may be possible to integrate sql-ledger with my
existing processes for handling registrations and other billing events.
The key for me is automation but then running an ISP is not entirely like
most other small businesses I expect.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/      ADSL Broadband from just £23.75 / month