[Fsfe-uk] Another positive development

From: Ian Lynch
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Another positive development
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:33:33 +0000

New Secretary of State for Education for England and Wales gave a
specific mention to Open Source software in her speech at the British
Education Training Technology Show.

"Becta aims to secure further cost savings for operating system and
office productivity software through a competition launched in November.
This competition is open to all suppliers, including suppliers of open
source software. We believe that high quality and well supported open
source solutions have a valuable role to play in education."

BECTA is the government agency that advises the Department for Education
and Skills on IT matters.

I know they are slow learners in the Department for Education, but we
are getting there :-)
--
Ian Lynch <address@hidden>
ZMS Ltd