Re: [Fsfe-uk] Jowell And Hewitt Announce Pan-European IP Conference

From: Tom Chance
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Jowell And Hewitt Announce Pan-European IP Conference
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:17:45 +0000

On Thursday 10 Mar 2005 09:41, Stuart Yeates wrote:
> This may be of interest.
>
> http://www.culture.gov.uk/global/press_notices/archive_2005/dcms015_05.htm
>
> I'm not sure whether anyone from here is invited/attending.

Any idea whether or not those not invited would be able to attend? I attended
a recent research seminar at the Institute for Public Policy Research, sat in
amongst policy types and tried to at least make some kind of case for the
common man. I'd like to try again at this event if possible.

Otherwise "creators" quickly becomes "the large creative industries", and
framed in opposition to "consumers" pegs the majority of the population as
uncreative proles.

Regards,
Tom