[Fsfe-uk] Re: Fsfe-UK] Reply, digests and headers, was: AbiWord

From: John Seago
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Fsfe-UK] Reply, digests and headers, was: AbiWord
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:13:30 +0000

On Thursday 01 Jan 1970 00:59, MA Ray <address@hidden>  wrote:
> Could you please learn how to put an accurate subject? (Hrm,
> that's not the most friendly phrasing, is it? ;-) )

I'm afraid that sometimes I forget to cut and paste the subject line. but
then the moderating system usually refuses those posts. the same applies
to the names of the senders. There seems also to be  a problem with the
Date/Time stamp on incoming Digests, all are dated < Thursday 01 Jan 1970
00:59 >. I usually answer each post separately by highlighting the part to
which I intend to answer, and then hitting the reply button

> We currently have some brokenness between digests and some mail
> clients. In John's case, I think it's KMail. Can someone direct
> me to a guide on making KMail work with Mailman digests as Al
> requests? I'll link it on the list page. Same for other clients.

You are Correct in that it is Kmail I'm using

> I'm pretty sure that John is on a fairly slow telephone link in
> rural England, so I think it's a good idea to take the digest.
> Help improving fsfe-uk digest use would be appreciated.

Rural yes, it used to be so slow as to be sometimes worthless, but has been
Pipex 500 solo for some time with a free upgrade to 1000 Solo in the
Spring/summer. I take the digest, as I take every list I'm subscribed to
as a digest, as due to unreliable sleep or ability problems I read and
some times reply to them at times when I'm available, not as they come in.

--
John Seago
GNU/Linux User #219566 http://counter.li.org