Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Proposed roadmap

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Proposed roadmap
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:33:37 +0100

Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...] When I got to AGM, new
> problems with the changes were put forward and at that point you cannot
> really alter your proposal. [...]

Some of the problems put weren't new. People just didn't have
time to keep repeating them for months on the lists, as it
wasn't moving forwards at all.

Most meetings allow amendments to be offered to proposals and
accepted by the proposer. I can't understand your unreasoned
refusal to consider that.  The current meeting rules, visible
at http://www.affs.org.uk/~mjr/admin/rfc-meetings.txt now make
clear how amendments can happen. (Of course, I hope that the
specifics of those rules seldom need enforcing and they should
be put to AGM before using them for AGM.)

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/