Re: [Fsfe-uk] Can AFFS organise a talk by Federico Heinz?

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Can AFFS organise a talk by Federico Heinz?
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:42:46 +0000

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 13:28 +0000, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
> He's finished his Brussels commitments at noon on Friday April 28th, so any
> time after that would be possible.  Funds for his travel would be needed, as
> would a venue.
>
> This seems like a bargain to me, and it's also a way to help the global
> network of FSFs by helping to establish FSFLA (to that end, I would like to
> record and publish any talks he gives).
>
> Can AFFS make this happen?  (incl. travel expenses & venue)
>
> I mentioned this to Gareth Bowker and he might be able to provide some
> organisational help.

I'd like to hear what other people think about this. I think we probably
have the resources to put it on, but it would be a bit pressed: although
it's over a month away, it would need quite urgent action.

One problem I can see immediately is that weekend is May bank holiday -
lots of people (me included) will be away for a long weekend, so it
could be a bit of a battle to draw people out into London for a talk.

How many people here would be willing to day trip to the capital on the
29th?