[Fsfe-uk] Can AFFS organise a talk by Federico Heinz?

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Can AFFS organise a talk by Federico Heinz?
Date: 14 Mar 2006 13:28:36 +0000

Federico Heinz is coming to Brussels at the end of April.  I've heard he's
one of free software's best speakers so I am trying to organise events for
him to speak at while he's in Europe.

He's one of the nine GNU project official speakers and is the president of
the recently launched FSF Latin America.

Here's a bio for him:
http://www.gnu.org/people/speakers.html#Heinz

IFSO is organising an event for him in Dublin, and I'd like to make one
happen in Great Britain.  He has family in London, so that would be the best
place and there would be no accommodation expenses.

He's finished his Brussels commitments at noon on Friday April 28th, so any
time after that would be possible.  Funds for his travel would be needed, as
would a venue.

This seems like a bargain to me, and it's also a way to help the global
network of FSFs by helping to establish FSFLA (to that end, I would like to
record and publish any talks he gives).

Can AFFS make this happen?  (incl. travel expenses & venue)

I mentioned this to Gareth Bowker and he might be able to provide some
organisational help.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan _________________________ \  http://foss-means-business.org
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ ________________ \      FOSS Means Business