Re: [Fsfe-uk] Java licensing

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Java licensing
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:49:26 +0000

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 16:46 +0100, Philippe Laporte wrote:
> Do you guys have an opinion as to whether an Open Source Java VM
> should be licensed as GPL vs LGPL and linking issues?

Do you have an example of the kind of problem you think would arise?

In general, I think the LGPL is a pretty tough license to stick to -
it's a lot easier to fulfil the terms of the GPL. When you're talking
about an application, rather than a library, I don't really see what
someone might gain from using the LGPL.