RE: [Fsfe-uk] Re: OS in schools

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: RE: [Fsfe-uk] Re: OS in schools
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:36:47 +0100

There may be something in the idea of a less-than-mild approach. I think that
the reason gnu/linux "overtook" the bsd's on popularity is bcause the licensing
was more extreme, and provided a noble cause, and a promise of efforrt
preserved.

A too mild approach gives little for the ignorant to choose between - not
appearing important, or only theoretically relevant.

A stroner approach would attract those who can behave strongly.

Mmm.... The revolution...

Sam