Re: The AFFS (was Re: [Fsfe-uk] New Charities Bill)

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: The AFFS (was Re: [Fsfe-uk] New Charities Bill)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 12:00:41 +0000

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 13:30 +0000, Andrew Savory wrote:
> I'd be willing to contribute some time and energy over the next few
> months. Perhaps we need a plan?

That sounds a good idea :)

I had a chat with a number of people at the last Expo, and there is a
lot of interest in "doing something". There are a couple of people who
haven't previously been involved in AFFS who are interested, who I keep
meaning to follow up with.

I think one of the first things that needs to be re-looked at is what
the focus needs to be in the future. Aside from Gowers, which is almost
over now, there is some potential patent stuff on the horizon with the
Macrossan appeal to the Lords, and that is it as far as legislative
activity is concerned - lobbying, it would appear, doesn't necessarily
need to be a priority.

I personally feel AFFS has also done its best bringing people together,
whether it be small meetings between activists or conferences, and maybe
that end-user stuff is more important right now.