Re: [Fsfe-uk] Explanation of Tivosiation and problems - comments sought

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Explanation of Tivosiation and problems - comments sought
Date: 19 Dec 2006 10:55:16 +0000

Chris Croughton <address@hidden> writes:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 07:38:09PM +0000, Nic James Ferrier wrote:
> Certainly most of the GNU/Linux users I know don't contribute, and

Most don't contribute code, but there are more contributors than just the
coders.  Some campaign to protect the coders and other users against
software patents, and some help in discussing the design of a better
licence, others provide support for their friends, etc.  These are activies
that plenty of people on this list contribute.

> It's a very small proportion who want to fiddle

I don't want to fiddle with the software in my Tivo, but I want you and
everyone else to be able to because you might make a useful change and you
might publish it if you do.  You might even start a company and give me
better software or support than the original developers are offering.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by