Re: [Fsfe-uk] FSFE releases solution to increase legal strength of Free

From: Shane M. Coughlan
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] FSFE releases solution to increase legal strength of Free Software projects
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:54:11 +0100

Kevin Donnelly wrote:
> On Thursday 01 February 2007 13:16, Shane M. Coughlan wrote:
>> The FLA is a copyright assignment that provides a really simple route to
>> making sure projects can maintain copyright coherency.
>
> This is a great idea, but reading through the docs it seems to me that this
> is
> intended more for "large" projects.  Is that true, and if so, might it be
> worth flagging it up more prominently?

Actually, the FLA is suitable for any project.  It's the type of
comprehensive document that is normally only created for 'large'
projects, but that has more to do with the resources available to
smaller projects than anything else.

The FLA should provide an excellent solution for smaller projects that
are looking for a way to ensure copyright coherency.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan