Re: [Fsfe-uk] Should the FSFE (or related communities) get involved in a

From: Jon Grant
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Should the FSFE (or related communities) get involved in a TV VoD system?
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:53:53 +0000

Hi

On 27/11/2007, Ciaran O'Riordan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Andy <address@hidden> writes:
> > Although the FSFE don't consider this the least bit of a problem
> > (and appear to have done nothing what-so-ever about it)
>
> Please don't take this to mean FSFE doesn't consider this a problem.  There
> are endless problems we could work on and we do our best with the budget and
> volunteer time that is provided to us.
>
> I'm sure there are times when there's an opportunity to contribute a small
> effort for a big effect, but we simply don't see it.  In that case, one good
> way to draw our attention to it is to post an analysis of it to the public
> address@hidden mailing list.  Another way is to mention it in an
> fsfe.org blog post.  Maybe we can work on it, or maybe we won't have the
> resources.
>
> If you want FSFE to do more, then you could work on this as a volunteer for
> FSFE, or you can help attract donors and encourage people to join the
> fellowship (http://fsfe.org) so that FSFE has resources to work on more
> projects.

Perhaps FSFE could team up with the OpenSourceConsortium on this
issue? http://opensourceconsortium.org/

I'm an FSFE member. This would be one issue I would prefer FSFE to
support over other other issues. Why not have a vote of members on
what issues we'd like to be the focus for the next 6 months?

Kind regards, Jon
--
linkme: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jongrant
weblog: http://jguk.org/