Re: [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:55:09 +0000

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 10:18:58PM +0100, Dave Crossland wrote:
> Google is searching their data for you, which is different to Google
> searching _your_ data for you.

Yes it is, but that's not the point I was making. In both cases Google
is searching the data with software, software that you don't have
access to and software that you dont have the source to.

In that way, they are both non-free.

> Its not. Its bad, but you do it anyway.

Just like you use Google, I see no alternative right now. :)

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far as
society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman