[Fsfe-uk] Thoughts on quarterly FSFE meetings in UK

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Thoughts on quarterly FSFE meetings in UK
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:17:28 +0100

Hi all,

I'd like to get regular regional FSFE meetings going and think the UK as a
good place to start.  The idea would be to have a meeting that, while being
regular, would be accessible to people from a fairly wide area.  The format
that springs to mind is a quarterly schedule, on a weekend afternoon,
announced at least a month in advance, near the transport hub of some city.

I'd like to know what people think about this, and is there an obvious
place?

London is the obvious place for me since it's on my train route :) ...but
looking at the map and demographics, maybe Birmingham is better since it's
between London and the populous Northern cities - or maybe two meetings
would be necessary (in the long term).  It partly depends on how good and
expensive the road and rail connections are, which is something I don't know
very well (other than that rail is expensive in the UK :-/ ).

So, imagining that the first meeting would take place 2nd half of August or
1st half of September, does anyone have a suggestion for a venue in London,
Birmingham, or elsewhere?

All other comments welcome too.

Thanks.
--