Re: [Fsfe-uk] DFEY and GNU Generation?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] DFEY and GNU Generation?
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 22:39:08 +0100 (BST)

Philip Hunt <address@hidden>
> (BTW, this list is badly set up, because it defaults to just replying
> to the individual not the list. Yes I know there are arguments for
> doing it that way, but IMO they are silly ones.)

Erm, no, that's the choice of your email client or your settings not
to react to the List-Id and List-Post headers when composing a reply.

There should be some setting so that lets users say "by default, send
replies to List messages to the List-Post address".

If not, please either report that email-list-support bug to the
software publishers - or add the setting yourself if it's free
software and you have the necessary skills.  Please don't go around
asking people to break perfectly fine email list configurations.
The usual way of breaking it is to override the Reply-To header,
which destroys any previous value if it, thereby denying all list
senders the choice of specifying a different address for private