Re: [Fsfe-uk] Is this a Free Software Summer?

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Is this a Free Software Summer?
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:04:26 +0100

MJ Ray wrote:
I know there are some good events with free software opportunities
going on this month, such as the Software.ac.uk Software preservation
workshop in London next Wednesday or UK.WordCamp.org in Manchester
on the weekend of the 17th (wordcamp tickets still available).
Sadly, I can't be at either of them.  Will you be?

I don't tend to go to events in #thatlondon anymore,
but will be at Wordcamp up here in Mcr.

What other events do you know of this summer that you think free
software supporters might like?

24 July - Open Rights Group's ORGCon:
http://www.openrightsgroup.org/blog/2010/book-now-first-ever-orgcon-24-july

25 Jul to 1 Aug - LBW (Linuxbierwanderung)
http://alfriston2010.barnyard.co.uk/

26-30 July GUADEC
http://2010.guadec.org/

10-13 August - Eth0:2010 Summer, Wieringerwerf, NL.
http://eth-0.nl/
http://twitter.com/eth0_2010

Unfortunately, work and family commitments (to say nothing of
cashflow) will probably keep me away from all of the above,
but I will be at next week's Shropshire Green Drinks
http://www.goodgnus.org/2010/07/social-media-green-drinks-shropshire/
and the following week's Shrewsbury Social Media Surgery :-)
<http://shropshirevcs.org.uk/site/our-services/training/shropshiresocialmediasurgery/>

 - Richard